We are very excited about our latest Artist Talk featuring Michael Kenna. It was filmed on July 8, 2016, the morning of his opening reception at the gallery. Michael Kenna: New Work runs through September 2. Enjoy!
Have you watched Inside the Actor’s Studio with James Lipton? In this popular TV show, James Lipton interviews legendary guests. He ends his interviews with his list of Top 10 Questions. Over the years, CEG has asked our artists these same 10 questions to gain insight into their personalities and work!
This week we feature Guillaume Martial, his video and photographs are included in our Still Moving show.
1. What is your favorite word?
2. What is your least favorite word?
3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
When I find myself in a new context… like a school, a psychiatric hospital or a construction site. I try to make the poetry of the space emerge. But I like the sea too!
4. What turns you off creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
Daily news in the media!
5. What sound or noise do you love?
The rain on the roof or a window.
6. What sound or noise do you hate?
The flat tire of my bicycle.
7. What is your favorite curse word?
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
A postman on bicycle or a chimney sweeper so I can dance on the roof like in Mary Poppins.
9. What profession would you not like to do?
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
Sorry Sir, we’re completely booked. Come back tomorrow!
You can see more photos and video of Guillaume Martial’s work on our website or stop by the gallery to check it out! Still Moving runs through September 2.
We are excited to announce that we will be at VOLTA NY this year! VOLTA NY is the invitational fair of solo artist projects and is the American incarnation of the original Basel VOLTA show, which was founded in 2005. Gregory Scott will be our featured artist. We’re looking forward to having a booth dedicated to his work and being a part of this incredible fair. See you March 2 – 6.
THE INVITATIONAL SOLO PROJECT FAIR FOR CONTEMPORARY ART.
MARCH 2–6, 2016 – PIER 90, NEW YORK
We created a promotional video for Daniel Beltrá’s exhibition, Ice / Green Lands. Watch as the gallery transforms from blank walls through the opening reception.
Daniel Beltrá: Ice / Green Lands
On view through March 5, 2016
It’s time to get creative and channel your inner Malkovich. Happy Halloween from CEG.