Have you watched Inside the Actor’s Studio with James Lipton? In this popular TV show, James Lipton interviews legendary guests. He ends his interviews with his list of Top 10 Questions. Over the years, CEG has asked our artists these same 10 questions to gain insight into their personalities and work!
This week we feature Jonna Kina’s answers to these questions. Her video, Secret Words and Related Stories, is included in our current exhibit, Still Moving. Jonna’s video piece is a collection of anonymous passwords and the stories behind them, read by young actors between the ages of 12-16 years old. These are thoughtful, humorous, and emotional stories about a chosen word that often discloses personal information, which is the antithesis of its purpose. We also featured Jonna’s photographs as part of Ctrl+P: Photography Taken Offline.
1. What is your favorite word?
2. What is your least favorite word?
3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
4. What turns you off creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
5. What sound or noise do you love?
A Black-Throated Loon
6. What sound or noise do you hate?
Sound of war
7. What is your favorite curse word?
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
A Private detective
9. What profession would you not like to do?
A Professional Space traveler
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
“Long time no see”You can watch Secret Words and Related Stories on our website or visit the gallery to see it in person! Still Moving runs through September 2.