Have you watched Inside the Actor’s Studio with James Lipton? In this popular TV show, James Lipton interviews legendary guests. He ends his interviews with his list of Top 10 Questions. Over the years, CEG has asked our artists these same 10 questions to gain insight into their personalities and work!
This week we feature Guillaume Martial, his video and photographs are included in our Still Moving show.
1. What is your favorite word?
2. What is your least favorite word?
3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
When I find myself in a new context… like a school, a psychiatric hospital or a construction site. I try to make the poetry of the space emerge. But I like the sea too!
4. What turns you off creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
Daily news in the media!
5. What sound or noise do you love?
The rain on the roof or a window.
6. What sound or noise do you hate?
The flat tire of my bicycle.
7. What is your favorite curse word?
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
A postman on bicycle or a chimney sweeper so I can dance on the roof like in Mary Poppins.
9. What profession would you not like to do?
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
Sorry Sir, we’re completely booked. Come back tomorrow!
You can see more photos and video of Guillaume Martial’s work on our website or stop by the gallery to check it out! Still Moving runs through September 2.