Have you watched Inside the Actor’s Studio with James Lipton? In this popular TV show, James Lipton interviews legendary guests. He ends his interviews with his list of Top 10 Questions. Over the years, CEG has asked our artists these same 10 questions to gain insight into their personalities and work!
This week we feature Kevin O. Mooney, one of the artists in our Still Moving show. His work, 365247, shown on a flat panel monitor, is a video comprised of more than 250,000 still images. Twelve videos play simultaneously, each representing a month in the life of the artist, making a comment on the passage of time.
1. What is your favorite word?
2. What is your least favorite word?
3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
Life, waking up in the morning… any day that I wake up is a good day… Friends, family, my students…
4. What turns you off creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
Individuals that are selfish or think that they are superior to everyone around them, people that are pretentious and are not genuine… I do not have any patience for that characteristic trait…
5. What sound or noise do you love?
Wind and or Rain, a summer breeze… wind chimes.
6. What sound or noise do you hate?
Traffic gridlock…. it stresses me out to no extent.
7. What is your favorite curse word?
God Damn It!
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
Secret Agent Bond, James Bond…. especially with an Scottish accent…
9. What profession would you not like to do?
Any 9 to 5 job…
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
How you doing?
You can see Kevin O. Mooney’s work on our website or stop by the gallery to check it out. Still Moving runs through September 2.