Have you watched Inside the Actor’s Studio with James Lipton? In this popular TV show, James Lipton interviews legendary guests. He ends his interviews with his list of Top 10 Questions. Over the years, CEG has asked our artists these same 10 questions to gain insight into their personalities and work!
We continue the series with Kasumi, one of the artists in our Still Moving show.
© Phil Kibbe
1. What is your favorite word?
For sheer sound quality: shchakamechaka (a Japanese word that means crazy mixed up). Conceptually: love. Other favorites are ausgezeignet (German for outstanding), sashimi and pandiculate.
2. What is your least favorite word?
Hypocrisy and the lazy, shallow text acronym lol.
3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
Music, reading, THC, science, my brain, meditation, conversation, politics, food, making art, looking at art, film….come to think of it, there’s not much that doesn’t inspire me.
4. What turns you off creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
Moments like when my car door handle broke off and the toilet overflowed on the same day.
5. What sound or noise do you love?
The sound of my son’s voice, particularly when laughing.
6. What sound or noise do you hate?
A high-pitched, whining grating one – a cross between a gas-powered leaf blower and the braying of Donald J. Trump.
7. What is your favorite curse word?
Kusomajime (Japanese for serious as shit) and when used as an adjective, fucking.
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
A rapper-shaman, inventor of the orgasmatron. Or a theoretical physicist.
9. What profession would you not like to do?
Administrative accountant for a sanitation facility.
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
She would say “Congratulations! Your proposal has been accepted!”
Infinite Jest, 2016
The General in His Labyrinth, 2016
You can see more images and videos of Kasumi’s work on our website.