Have you watched Inside the Actor’s Studio with James Lipton? In this popular TV show, James Lipton interviews legendary guests. He ends his interviews with his list of Top 10 Questions. Over the years, CEG has asked our artists these same 10 questions to gain insight into their personalities and work!
Francesco Pergolesi is CEG’s newest gallery artist and we are excited to exhibit his series, Heroes, in the gallery through July 1. The following are Francesco’s answers to to James Lipton’s Top 10 Questions:
1. What is your favorite word?
2. What is your least favorite word?
Habit (as routine)
3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
The magic of light changing our perception and the slow and detailed stories of people. My grandmother’s hands that stretch “tagliatelle” (pasta).
4. What turns you off creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
The slow and marshy bureaucracy, as in Kafka tales.
5. What sound or noise do you love?
The swash of the sea
6. What sound or noise do you hate?
People’s cries that overlap the swash of the sea.
7. What is your favorite curse word?
A Spanish funny word I’ve always loved is “gilipollas.”
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
I think to be an artist is a “gold privilege” and a fabulous job. It is difficult to imagine a better profession… maybe I could have been an explorer from the 1800’s.
9. What profession would you not like to do?
Before I started working seriously as an artist, I spent my time studying to become lawyer. One summer day, I realized I would only have grey and melancholy days in front of me as a lawyer, so I escaped to the Canary Islands to reflect on my life under the sun. I am sure being a lawyer is the profession I would have never liked to practice.
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
Dreams are desires
Alfred, Macerata, 2015 Paul, Arles, 2014
You can see more of Francesco Pergolesi’s work on our website.