As part of our 25 year gallery celebration and exhibition What I Was Thinking, we thought it would be great to ask a few photographers in the exhibition to answer James Lipton’s Top 10 Questions. Each week we will post a different photographer’s response to the list of questions. Here are Maria Martinez-Canas’ responses to James Lipton’s Top 10 Questions:
1. What is your favorite word? Absolutely.
2. What is your least favorite word? Impossible.
3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? An intelligent conversation with someone.
4. What turns you off creatively, spiritually or emotionally? A negative person.
5. What sound or noise do you love? The sound of waves breaking in the ocean.
6. What sound or noise do you hate? The honking of a car horn.
7. What is your favorite curse word? As a Spanish speaking person, the four-letter word that ends with ..ño.
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Attempt? If I wasn’t an artist I would have love to be either a detective or a Forensic Crime Specialist.
9. What profession would you not like to do? Any profession that deals with retail and the public… I don’t have the patience for that.
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Welcome, please join us and spread your wings…. 🙂
Click here to see more work by Maria. To see more of CEG’s announcement cards click here.