As part of our 25 year gallery celebration and exhibition What I Was Thinking, we thought it would be great to ask a few photographers in the exhibition to answer James Lipton’s Top 10 Questions. Each week we will post a different photographer’s response to the list of questions. Here are Keith Carter’s responses to James Lipton’s Top 10 Questions:
1. What is your favorite word? So many….depends on the day. Today it’s “enchantment.”
2. What is your least favorite word? Scrumptious
3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? The natural world, people, books.
4. What turns you off creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Radical political polarization.
5. What sound or noise do you love? My wife Pat’s voice. (most of the time).
6. What sound or noise do you hate? Honking car horns.
7. What is your favorite curse word? F word. Love it.
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Poetry.
9. What profession would you not like to do? Any corporate cubicle.
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? “You’re forgiven. You should be ashamed of yourself, but you’re forgiven.”
To view work by Keith Carter click here.